Thursday, April 29, 2010

One More Cup of Coffee...

There's not a whole lot of coffee drinking that goes on over here at the Gardens (it only takes one cup to overcaffeinate me, and it ain't pretty), but when we do brew a pot I save those grounds for my hydrangea.

A bunch of acid loving plants really enjoy their joe when you work some used grounds into the soil - hydrangea, blueberries, roses, rhododendron and azaleas. I hate azaleas. And I have three awful scrawny ones left behind by the previous owner. Think it will help if I give them a little caffeine?

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I can only drink about 1/2 cup & I'm wired. Never used to be like that. Getting old sucks. I've heard that about coffee grounds; and on the other hand, heard that using TOO much is not good. Not sure?!

    ReplyDelete