Monday, June 7, 2010

Peas for Dinner!

First, the Truth in Gardening update. As you can see, I did not finish the weeding, but in my defense we did have some crazy thunderstorms this weekend. I will get my tail back out there this afternoon.

But look! My peas have finally come! I think this RSVPea from Burpee was a total winner, I can't believe they even germinated after I had sown them in the soil with the Miracle Gro Feed Plus Weed Preventer. Next year I'll start these sweeties earlier (we had a TON of rain in March) and without a weed preventer to slow them down.

So, Harvest #2 is today and we're having peas for dinner. Who would have ever believed I'd be so excited about peas? Ask my mother, any green vegetable was the bane of my existence as a child. But I decided to throw caution to the wind this morning. I plucked a pod and was amazed by the burst of sweet green flavor as I gobbled down those peas. Yum!



1 comment: